Sunday, July 27, 2014

Open you ears and listen with your Heart

Recently one of our best friends married his soul mate. We were very blessed to attend their wedding, and watch them commit to one another. At their reception, one of the Bridesmaid made a speech and she quoted 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. Most of us have heard it or read it and probably did not think twice about it. However my husband truly listened to it this time, and his heart opened like it had never opened before in his life. He recommitted to God and has been a new person since that moment.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Love Never Fails. Flesh Fails. We are so blessed to be able to love and to find soul mates. To know love is to know life.

I am so blessed to be loved by God, my amazing parents, my amazing husband, my miracle baby Jae, my family, and my crazy friends. I in turn love them more than they know. I put my whole heart into loving those special people.

I am by no means perfect, and I have a lot to work on, especially with my relationship with God. This passage, however, just speaks to me and my heart. It is what drove me to want to be a Social Worker. I wanted everyone to feel loved and be loved. I still do. That is why I am posting this today. Hoping that maybe someone needs just a little reminder of what love is and what love isn't. -T

No comments:

Post a Comment